LEGACY Your Mark On The World
Legacy, we have all been put on planet earth for a reason. Why not leave it in a better place than you found it?
Having a purpose in life and aligning it to the work that you do is important if you wish to enjoy what
you do, be productive and perform at a high level. Some people have a desire to go beyond the world
they work in and leave a legacy for future generations to benefit from. CEO Legacy is all about finding
a greater purpose through a project or movement that creates a ripple effect across an area, industry
or the world.
A great example of this is Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which is guided by the
belief that every life has equal value. They wish to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. In
developing countries, it focuses on improving people’s health and giving them the chance to lift
themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, it seeks to ensure that all
people—especially those with the fewest resources—have access to the opportunities they need to
succeed in school and life.
What mark do you want to leave on the world?
What is a person’s legacy?
- part of a person that lives on long
- story of a person so they are not forgotten.
- path ways or the future
- make better decisions in life.
- transmitted, inherited or received from a predecessor.
- creates meaning in our lives.
Everyone leaves behind a legacy after they die, but only few people leave behind a legacy worth talking about.
Examples of legacies that impacted humanity:
- Martin Luther King jr. left behind his legacy of positive and selfless actions.
- Adolf Hitler left behind a legacy of negativity, and destruction.
- A grandmother’s legacy may be important her family
- Actresses and actors legacies inspire people to do great things
- Alexander the Great, whose conquering spirit changed the face of the ancient world
- Marie Curie, multi-Nobel Prize winner and pioneering physicist
- Nelson Mandela, an anti-apartheid revolutionary and South Africa’s first black president
- Albert Einstein created the theory of relativity
- Mother Teresa was a Roman Catholic nun and founder of the Missionaries of Charity.
- Oprah Winfrey pillar of kindness and has stood for truth, education, and giving back.
A legacy is
- the story of some ones life,
- the things they did,
- places they went,
- goals they accomplished,
- their failures,
- a path that guides people in decisions with what to do or what not to do
A lasting legacy is all about the actions you take during your life and the way those actions affect how people remember you.
Everyone has a choice between leaving a positive legacy or a negative one. Most people never consciously choose one or the other — it just happens. But the goal for you is to make a conscious decision about the legacy you’ll leave.
DESIGN A PATH TO YOUR LEGACY
- What intrinsically drives you?
- What matters to you the most?
- Who do you want to impact
- How can you achieve this through helping and serving others?
The legacy of successful leaders lives on through the people they touch along the way. The only things you can change permanently are the hearts of the people you lead.
Think how you can Make the World a Better Place, One Life At a Time
Want To Learn More?
Check out the Break The CEO Code whitepaper. It provides an overview of Break The CEO Code and showcases the 6 key phases. We also go a little deeper into the 2nd phase PERFORMANCE, where we discuss the 3 P’s of the Leadership Performance Formula.
Breaking The CEO Code Whitepaper Download
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Subscribe to active CEO Podcast on Itunes
Craig Johns Keynote Speaker
active CEO Coaching
active CEO Podcast
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#144 – LEGACY #143 – Vulnerable Open Honest COMMUNICATION Link
#142 – Penny Locaso (Hacking Happy) Hacking Happiness Link
#141 – IMPACT Through Clear Outcomes Link
#140 – Dr Amir Rashidian (Mid-Atlantic Chiropractic) The Stressproof Life Link
#139 – TRUST Through Healthy Confrontation Link
#138 – Kine Corder (Presidential Lifestyle) Finding Your Money Mission Link
#137 – Clarify PROCESS For Commitment Link
#136 – Steve Rodgers (IGI Principles) Overcoming The Indulgent Life Link
#135 – Reward, Recognition & Reflection Link
#134 – Julie Masters (Inside Influence) How Gravity Shifts Influence Link