active CEO Podcast #86 Chris Tabish Leadership Effectiveness With Comediology
On this episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Chris Tabish about leadership effectiveness with Comediology, breaking out of the secure zone, bringing joy to the boardroom, and being a voice for executive management.
We also discuss the differences in leadership style between Deloitte and Accenture; connecting the worlds of consulting and comedy; the principles of Comediology; and why humour is about authenticity and humility.
Chris Tabish – Leadership Effectiveness With Comediology
Chris is a serious consultant known to have a comedy problem, who is transforming Fortune 500 companies and bringing fun and laughter to the corporate world. He is a comedian who tries not to fall over, may have painted the Golden Gate Bridge with a toothbrush, and is adamant that he wont leave us short-changed on the show today.
Our guest has a serious side as well, completing a BS in Accounting and MBA in Business Administration from The University of Utah’s David Eccles School of Business. His illustrious career includes consulting and director roles at Accenture, Deloitte, JDSU, Symantec, Jupiter Networks, Bodhtree and Verity Consulting. He co-foundered Stratus Partner before founding his latest entrepreneurial visions, Venture West Consulting and Comediology.
Chris talks about:
- Always having a muscle to explore creativity.
- Why he didn’t initially pursue being a comedian because it was too risky.
- Shifting from a robot leadership style to someone who values employees.
- Realising the value of humanity and creativity in leading people.
- The WHY behind comediology.
- Why he wasn’t being present and connecting with people.
- Its not the content that connects with people it is the emotion.
- In comedy you have to have a point of view or an opinion.
- Start with something funny, that is humbling and lights up the room.
- Why Robin Williams was so funny, but in a humble and sincere way.
- Why he wouldn’t advocate to try and be specifically funny.
- Leadership effectiveness with Comediology
- Core essence is “finding your voice” and investing in your Creative 401k.
- Comedy connects people, and people connect with people they like.
- Let everything go and be completely in the moment.
- How I can understand why I am here?
Active CEO Performance Tip
Chief Energy Officer – Do you know that we are all CEO’s. The Chief Energy Officer of our lives. And think how that energy affects other people and the way you behave. You all have control over your own energy. It is important that you manage your own energy first before influencing the energy of a room, a team, your family and any other person you interact with. As an influencer you can either create an environment of positive or negative energy. If you want to achieve success in a meeting, conversation, pitch, gathering or an event, then it is important that you create the energy state you desire, for both internal and external influence. Remember where focus goes energy flows. So make sure your intention is set for your desired outcome.
“Now that the filter is gone they start to bring out some really creative work.” Chris Tabish explains the benefits of comedy in the Boardroom, on the active CEO Podcast.
“Living to that differentiation and internal voice you have.” Chris Tabish explains why all comedy is different, on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Chris Tabish LinkedIn
Chris Tabish Twitter
Venture West Group www.venturewestgroup.com
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Fuel Your Body For Leadership Performance Read ArticleHow Exercise Enhances A Leaders Performance Read Article
Four Basic Fundamentals Of Being A High Performing Leader Read Article
How To Be A High Performing Leader In 2020 Read Article
active CEO Lessons In 2019 Read Article
Four Ways To Overcome CEO Loneliness In 2020 Read Article
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#86 – Chris Tabish (Comediology) Leadership Effectiveness With Comediology Link
#85 – Raise Your Energy Bar With CEO Periodization Link
#84 – Catherine Molloy (Auspac Business Advantage) The Conscious Leader Link
#83 – 3 P’s Of The Leadership Performance Formula Link
#82 – Revital Golan (Anemone Ventures) Entrepreneur State Of Mind Link
#81 – How A Leader Can Recover With Purpose Link
#80 – Jonathan Rake Launchpad To Go Beyond Borders Link
#79 – Free Your Mind Link
#78 – Hillary Poole Leading Healthy Sustainable Systems Link
#77 – Tips To Fuel Your Leadership Performance Link
#76 – Paul Veric (BTE Consulting) The Peaceful Warrior CEO Link