Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:05:47 — 90.3MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
THE POWER OF PRESSURE
On this episode of the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Dane Jensen about The Power of Pressure, why pressure isn’t the problem it’s the solution, high stakes pressure moments and being pressure ambidextrous.
We also delve into leading ourselves before others, how to navigate pressure for the long-haul, what happens when pressure builds, the discipline of active awareness of pressure and the unconscious competency of being in a flow state.
Dane Jensen – The Power Of Pressure
Dane Jensen is the CEO of Third Factor, where they study the science of performance from the sports field to the Board room and help leaders be more effective, creative and resilient under pressure. Dane loves disarming your biggest pressures, is a regular contributor to Harvard Business Review, and a former Monitor Deloitte employee who lives in Toronto Canada with his wife and three children
He is an instructor at the Smith School of Business at Queen’s University and is affiliate faculty with the UNC Executive Development at the Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In his work at Third Factor he has had exposure to thousands of high performers—from Olympic gold medallists to Navy SEALs, politicians, executives and busy parents, which has led to his newly released book, The Power of Pressure.
Dane talks about:
- The high-pressure parent moment that made his heart stop.
- Why pressure isn’t the problem it’s the solution.
- The pressure equation and how to use them for a positive outcome.
- Is pressure just an internal thing?
- Pressure is in the response to a situation.
- What happens to our body under pressure?
- The Power Of Pressure.
- Differences in short term peak pressure vs long-term pressure.
- Flow and unconscious competence.
- The differences in pressure between business leaders, NAVY Seals and Olympic athletes in how they utilise pressure to increase their performance.
- Pressure follows patterns and develops in predictable ways.
- How we can power through “peak pressure moments”?
- Nailing the peak pressure moments that can make or break a big sale, a crucial meeting, or define a career.
- The importance of collaboration and communication in successful leadership.
- The ability to be less like a thermometer and more like a thermostat.
“We don’t get performance without pressure.” Talking about The Power Of Pressure with Dane Jensen on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“The amount of uncertainty we can tolerate is related to the importance we place on something.” Dane Jensen talks about the Power of Pressure, on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Dane Jensen https://danejensen.com/
Dane Jensen LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/danejensen/
Dane Jensen Twitter https://twitter.com/danejensen
Third Factor https://www.thirdfactor.com/
Inspiring Gr”eat Leaders Podcast
Speakers Institute Corporate www.speakersinstitutecorporate.com
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
The Power of Pressure Book