Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 53:33 — 49.0MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
On this episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Kathy Robinson about the Athena Principles, how a vacation to Alaska began her wellness quest, having an ultramarathon mentality, the layers of Wall Street and becoming an entrepreneur.
We also delve into the wellness taboo, transitioning out of a career in financial audit and risk, one size fits one, developing a wellness program based on risk principles and why having a life outside of work is so important.
Kathy Robinson – The Athena Principles
Kathy Robinson is a former Fortune 500 corporate disciple who found her inner self through becoming an author, speaker and certified wellness coach with Athena Wellness. She is a passionate wellness coach who has infectious energy, completed her first ultramarathon at age 54, lives by the philosophy “one size fits one” and is the author of The Athena Principles
Her career has involved senior executive roles in Audit at Credit Lyonnais, Citi, Morgan Stanley and ADP, before embarking he an author, speaker and certified wellness coach. As an auditor she assessed the wellness of Fortune 500 corporations, now she assess personal lives as they navigate through personal midlife transitions.
Kathy talks about:
- Having an immigrant mentality of a hard work ethic.
- Drive to wanting to have a different side of life for herself.
- Why she felt she couldn’t make an impact in CITIbank with 340,000 staff.
- Ending up burnt out, while loving work at JP Morgan
- Making the decision to Investment in herself through health and wellness.
- Why she was dying and withering on the vine.
- Retiring at age 55 from the corporate world, just before COVID-19.
- Why she never really identified with her corporate life.
- The Athena Principles.
- Wellness is based on risk management principles.
- Wellness is the things that you do, the result of how we feel is well-being.
- There is nothing that I can tell a client that they already don’t know.
- What is One size fits one.
- Most important Athena Principle right now is self-compassion.
- Sustaining productivity over time requires an Ultramarathon mentality.
- What it was like to cross an ultra-marathon finish line at age 54.
- Listening to a lot of podcasts and coming up with lots of business ideas
Active CEO Performance Tip
Listening Is The Sound Of Intelligence – Do you find yourself talking more than other people in the room? Listening is the art of understanding and connecting with people. Many people think they need to speak more to be heard and show they either understand a topic or have the answer. Asking a question and intentionally focusing on listening is the art of intelligence. 3 ways to be more intelligent. 1. Ask a question 2. Listen intently 3. Ask another question
“We want to lead authentically, but do we bring our whole selves.” Kathy Robinson speaks about being the workplace wellness whisperer, on the active CEO Podcast.
“By taking care of yourselves and taking that investment, you are going to show up in a way that is more to people.” Kathy Robinson speaks about the benefits of the Athena Principles, on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Kathy Robinson LinkedIn
Kathy Robinson www.athenawellness.com
The Athena Principles Link
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Book – The Athena Principles Amazon
Fuel Your Body For Leadership Performance Read Article
How Exercise Enhances A Leaders Performance Read Article
Four Basic Fundamentals Of Being A High Performing Leader Read Article
How To Be A High Performing Leader In 2020 Read Article
Four Ways To Overcome CEO Loneliness In 2020 Read Article
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#106 – Kathy Robinson (Athena Wellness) The Athena Principles Link
#105 – Own Your OWN SPACE Link
#104 – Mark Weatherall (Te Araroa) Leading The Great Outdoors Link
#103 – Be Your OWN CEO Link
#102 – Scott Leggo An Eye For Detail Link
#101 – Own Your OWN VULNERABILITY Link
#100 – Sandhya Shetty Supermodel To Global Influencer Link
#99 – Build Your OWN TRIBE Link
#98 – Shannan Gove (Rosterfy) Building Motivated Workforces Link
#97 – Own Your OWN GRATITUDE Link
#96 – Christian Boucousis Leading Out Of The Danger Zone Link