PERSONALITY Unlock Your Limiting Beliefs
Our brains produce as many as 50,000 thoughts per day According to the National Science Foundation. 95% of those thoughts are repeated daily!
You have full control over how you think and what is a yes or a no, can or can’t and will or won’t.
What are limiting beliefs? They are there beliefs we create in our mind that prevent us from achieving our dreams and goals.
Limiting Beliefs are usually formed when we are young. Quite often between the ages of 5 and 12. They develop as a result of an event in our lives. It might be something we did, something someone else did or said to us. It might be the behaviours we witnessed every day in our lives
As we grow limiting beliefs become embedded in our mindset, unless we create interventions.
How do we recognise a limiting belief?
- Awareness – does our belief move us forward or limit our potential?
- Honest – is the story in our head actually true?
- Facts – is there any evidence behind what you believe?
- Pause – it is ok to acknowledge that you don’t have enough experience or resources at present, but it’s not ok to say therefore I can’t or won’t
We all have limiting beliefs. The key is to be able to recognize and then reframe.
It starts with a growth mindset – the belief that intelligence can be developed –through hard work, asking questions, experimenting and applying effective strategies.
I’s time to implement a high performance mindset:
High Performance Mindset
- Awareness – create an awareness of your thoughts and beliefs?
- Attention – where is your focus and what is your intention of focus?
- Movement – Sam cawthorn “motion evokes emotion”
- Delegation – outsource what doesn’t require your attention
- Winner – mentality of winning
- Achievement – celebrate small wins
- Solution – not the problem
- Why – self discovery of what is your purpose, dream and passion
- Positive – mindset
- Plan – Without a road map and a destination, how will you know you are going in the right direction?
Want To Learn More?
Check out the newly Breaking The CEO Code whitepaper. It provides an overview of Breaking The CEO Code and showcases the 6 key phases. We also go a little deeper into the 2nd phase PERFORMANCE, where we discuss the 3 P’s of the Leadership Performance Formula.
Breaking The CEO Code Whitepaper Download
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Subscribe to active CEO Podcast on Itunes
Craig Johns Keynote Speaker
active CEO Coaching
active CEO Podcast
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#117 – PERSONALITY Unlock Your Limiting Beliefs Link
#116 – David Lindsay Knocked Down Snap Into Action Link
#115 – PERFORMANCE Productivity Starts With Happiness Link
#114 – Paul Dunn (B1G1) Moments That Change Lives Link
#113 – PEOPLE Serve People Who Matter Link
#112 – Karthik Madugula (Happiness Consultant) Ultimate Experiment On Human Behaviour Link
#111 – PURPOSE Create A Ripple Effect Link
#110 – Dr Paul White (Workplace Appreciation) 5 Languages Of Workplace Appreciation Link
#109 – 6 Principles To Be A World Class Leader Link
#108 – Fiona Robertson (Entrepreneur) Culture Is The Rules Of Belonging Link