Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 19:36 — 17.9MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Create Direction & Meaning
Why is it important to create DIRECTION & meaning through SHARED mission, vision, values & beliefs? Not setting direction can easily lead to conflict, apathy and poor productivity within your team or organisation.
To set a great direction, you must be able to set a course toward a destination that others will recognize as representing real progress for everyone involved.
Setting direction helps:
- Hold people accountable as the team has no doubt what they need to achieve.
- Clarify Priorities & reduces busy work, so people can start to focus their attention and effort towards achieving the direction.
- Motivate your team by giving them purpose and a “reason for being”.
Essential components that Create Direction includes:
- Being developed collaboratively.
- Brings them along the journey providing a clearly understood why and significance.
- Is specific, limits interpretation and everyone knows when you have arrived at the destination
- Is time-bound as deadlines equal pressure, which enable set priorities, managing workload and negotiate competing priorities
- Acknowledges uncertainty and remove the idea of perfection
MEANING – what is the significance of what we are collectively doing
SHARED MISSION – reason for pursuing the focus
SHARE VISION – your future focus of “our vision” or “the team’s vision.”
SHARED VALUES & BELIEFS – What you believe in and how you behave
Want To Learn More?
Check out the newly Breaking The CEO Code whitepaper. It provides an overview of Breaking The CEO Code and showcases the 6 key phases. We also go a little deeper into the 2nd phase PERFORMANCE, where we discuss the 3 P’s of the Leadership Performance Formula.
Breaking The CEO Code Whitepaper Download
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Subscribe to active CEO Podcast on Itunes
Craig Johns Keynote Speaker
active CEO Coaching
active CEO Podcast
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#123 – TEAMS 10 Elements Of Leading High Performing Teams Link
#122 – Matt Sweetwood (LUXnow) Reimaging Business Link
#121 – PIONEER Life Is An Experiment Link
#120 – Ron Coury (Tenacity) Tenacious Las Vegas Entrepreneur Link
#119 – PASSION Influence From The Heart Link
#118 – Annie Gibbins (Lipstick Consulting) Biography Of A Curious Woman Link
#117 – PERSONALITY Unlock Your Limiting Beliefs Link
#116 – David Lindsay Knocked Down Snap Into Action Link
#115 – PERFORMANCE Productivity Starts With Happiness Link
#114 – Paul Dunn (B1G1) Moments That Change Lives Link