Build A Business
On this episode of the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Kobi Simmat about How to Build a Business That Others Want to Buy, the five M’s that make or break a business and expanding your business by investing in your people.
We also dive deeper into the importance of getting mentorship and coaching in growing professionally, setting up a service focussed business, and creating a safe space for the people in your business.
Kobi Simmat – Build A Business
Kobi Simmat is the brilliant mind behind Best Practice Biz, host of the Infinite Business Summit, and the author of the renowned book titled “How to Build a Business That Others Want to Buy.”
His educational background includes a Bachelor of Applied Science earned from Western Sydney University and he holds certifications in various fields such as business, strategy, consulting, and marketing, demonstrating his breadth of knowledge and expertise. He is the founder of Simmat Consulting, Bestpractice.biz, Nextpractice, Kobisimmat.com, and The Talking Business Podcast. Additionally, he serves as the Editor in Chief for Infinite Magazine, further solidifying his influential presence in the business world.
Kobi also served as the former President of the Australian Open Skiff Association, showcasing his leadership skills both on and off the water. As a specialist in business certification, he has dedicated his efforts to ensuring excellence in the field. Moreover, he takes great pride in being a loving father, and his life has been greatly influenced by the legendary entrepreneur, Dick Smith.
Kobi talks about:
- Struggling in school and wanting to be self-sufficient and working at an early age
- Views and insights on the education system and how he developed an entrepreneurial mindset
- Getting mentored and inspired by Karen Pinney and Dick Smith
- Building a recurring revenue business
- Getting better at finding the right people and growing a team and business
- Having a mindset shift, maturity in understanding processes, and hiring coaches and high-performance professionals to help him grow professionally
- How can people set up a more of a service focussed business
- Scaling a business by empowering and upskilling your employees
- Allowing your people to make mistakes and creating a safe space for them to grow
- How to Build a Business That Others Want to Buy
- The beauty of entrepreneurship
- The five M’s that make or break a business
“I think it was definitely a mindset shift and a maturity of understanding processes. But there’s one other thing. I’ve always had mentors. I’ve always paid a coach and high-performance professionals to help me, whether it’s a legal team or an accountant.” Kobi Simmat on what helped him run and grow his business and leadership on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“You’re focusing on the customer and then what incredible benefits can we as a team give to the customer? If you keep saying to yourself, what incredible benefit do I give to the customer, I look after the customer. It’s a mindset shift first and foremost. Then it’s about saying, can that customer get that incredible benefit in my absence?” Better customer service and scaling a business with Kobi Simmat on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“Your job as the leader is to be setting up a really safe environment for people to get experience and knowing the mistakes that you make and by making the mistakes, you learn to avoid them. The safer you can make that mistake-making exercise for your people and the faster you can do that, the faster they’re going to grow.” Creating a safe environment for your people to grow with Kobi Simmat on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Kobi Simmat www.kobisimmat.com
Kobi Simmat LinkedIn
Kobi Simmat Facebook
Kobi Simmat Instagram
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Craig Johns Facebook
Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast