On this episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Annie Gibbins about Becoming Annie The Biography Of A Curious Woman, the beauty and pressure of having two sets of twins, creating magic transformations, and saving sight every day with Glaucoma Australia.
We also delve into leading through COVID-19, cog in the wheel mindset, engaging the Governor General and How do we get success for what it means for us?
Annie Gibbins – Briography Of A Curious Woman
Annie Gibbins is a CEO Super Mum, a high achiever who is committed to serving others through her leadership as CEO of Glaucoma Australia, coaching corporates and creating magic transformations in her Lipstick Consulting business. She is a volunteer in the McGrath Foundation, an inspirational and dynamic leader and entrepreneur who helps people produce results that matter.
Annie is an author in Unsung Business Heroes, Double Trouble Double Treat What having twins is really like, Breaking Lifelong Barriers, Self Care Mastery, and releasing in July 2020 Becoming Annie, The Biography Of A Curious Woman. She has a Diploma of Applied Health Science Nursing from the University of Technology Sydney, Bachelor Health Science at Southern Cross University, Graduate Diploma of Adult Vocational Education from Griffith University and Master of Education Vocational Education and Training from the University of technology Sydney. Her career has included CEO roles at Australasian Society for Ultrasound in Medicine, Australian Institute of Ultrasound and Glaucoma Australia.
Annie talks about:
- The dream of being a businesswoman and a CEO
- Understanding terrible things happen to really beautiful people
- The beauty and pressure of being a mum of two sets of twins
- Get the very best out of people, by encouraging them from behind
- Responsibility of a CEO and the classic imposter syndrome
- If you are in the wrong place, is not good for you
- People are the top priority and need time to prepare their mindset
- Engaging the Governor General as patron and Kurt Pengelly from INXS as an ambassador
- The story behind Lipstick consulting
- Trekking to Everest base camp and 3 high passes
- Magic Transformation online mentoring and coaching program.
- Because you think you are a little charity then its not possible
- Becoming Annie – The Biography of a Curious Woman
- There are many challenges and we are all on a journey
- How can we support females in the workforce more effectively
“Partner up with the right people who are on song with our message.” Annie Gibbins discusses the importance of collaboration, on the active CEO Podcast.
“What’s the one little thing that represents in that moment that makes you feel better.“ Self care as a leader with Annie Gibbins, on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Glaucoma Australia www.glaucoma.com.au
Annie Gibbins www.anniegibbins.com
Annie Gibbins linkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/anniegibbins/
Annie Gibbins Facebook https://www.facebook.com/anniegibbinsofficial/
Annie Gibbins Instagram https://www.instagram.com/annie.gibbins
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#118 – Annie Gibbins (Lipstick Consulting) Biography Of A Curious Woman Link
#117 – PERSONALITY Unlock Your Limiting Beliefs Link
#116 – David Lindsay Knocked Down Snap Into Action Link
#115 – PERFORMANCE Productivity Starts With Happiness Link
#114 – Paul Dunn (B1G1) Moments That Change Lives Link
#113 – PEOPLE Serve People Who Matter Link
#112 – Karthik Madugula – Ultimate Experiment On Human Behaviour Link
#111 – PURPOSE Create A Ripple Effect Link
#110 – Dr Paul White (Workplace Appreciation) 5 Languages Of Workplace Appreciation Link
#109 – 6 Principles To Be A World Class Leader Link
#108 – Fiona Robertson (Entrepreneur) Culture Is The Rules Of Belonging Link