On this episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Matt Sweetwood about being an ambitious CEO who reimagined business with Unique Photo, successfully raised five children as a single father why he became CEO of LUXnow and authored Leader Of The Pack.
We also explore why Kodak’s fear of sabotage led to bankruptcy, what’s your next big thing, why failure was not an option, and how the power of action and momentum are crucial to a leader.
Matt Sweetwood – Reimagined Business
Matt Sweetwood is a risk-taker, international speaker, turnaround and growth business consultant, life coach and author of the #1 best seller Leader of the Pack. He is a die-hard NJ Devils’ hockey fan, an advanced auto racer with the BMW Club, a Panasonic Lumix Luminary, created a social media network of over 11 million users, and is a successful single father of five.
He has a BA Mathematics from Rutgers The State University of New Jersey-New Brunswick, and a MA Mathematics from the University of Pennsylvania. His career has included being President & CEO of Unique Photo, US CEO of beBee Inc, contributing writer for Entreprenuer Media, has his own business consulting company and is the CEO of LUXnow.
Matt talks about:
- Having self-confidence and be willing to fail.
- Reimagined business.
- Be willing to do what it takes to keep the business going.
- Instagram receiving a 1 billion dollar price tag from Facebook.
- Part of being a leader is to know what’s the next thing?
- Never satisfied with the level that they are at.
- Changing the retail experience with Unique Photo and Unique University.
- If you are teaching them something people believe in it.
- Single dad of 5 kids 18 months to 18 years old.
- Being clueless half of his life.
- Failure was not an option, “How badly do you want it?”
- Leader Of The Pack and leaders don’t except failure.
- We are all human.
- Loving the challenge to build something from scratch.
- Pass on your character traits to your children.
- Having US$800 million assets already listed on the LUXnow app.
- Biggest mistakes made as leaders is not acting.
- Everything that happens in an election year is related to the election.
- When people get tired they make mental mistakes.
- Every single day I have momentum and therefore accomplishing things.
“Biggest mistake you make as leaders is not acting. You very rarely make a mistake by acting. Not to say that you wont… 9.5 out of the 10 times it’s the should and you do it.” Matt Sweetwood talks about putting the company into slow mode and sending everyone home, on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Matt Sweetwood www.msweetwood.com
Matt Sweetwood LinkedIn
Matt Sweetwood Twitter
Matt Sweetwood Instagram
Unique Photo www.uniquephoto.com
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Leader Of The Pack Matt Sweetwood Book
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#122 – Matt Sweetwood (LUXnow) Reimagining Business Link
#121 – PIONEER Life Is An Experiment Link
#120 – Ron Coury (Tenacity) Tenacious Las Vegas Entrepreneur Link
#119 – PASSION Influence From The Heart Link
#118 – Annie Gibbins (Lipstick Consulting) Biography Of A Curious Woman Link
#117 – PERSONALITY Unlock Your Limiting Beliefs Link
#116 – David Lindsay Knocked Down Snap Into Action Link
#115 – PERFORMANCE Productivity Starts With Happiness Link
#114 – Paul Dunn (B1G1) Moments That Change Lives Link
#113 – PEOPLE Serve People Who Matter Link
#112 – Karthik Madugula – Ultimate Experiment On Human Behaviour Link