Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 54:18 — 49.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
On this episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Michelle Gibbings about I’ve got a bad boss, building strong relationships, learning the language of business and stepping into conversations you need to have.
We also delve into influencing other people’s behaviours through our own behaviour, future proofing your career and finding the courage you need to have the real conversations.
Michelle Gibbings – I’ve Got A Bad Boss
Michelle is a workplace expert, global keynote speaker on leadership, and bestselling author of Bad Boss, step up, career leap and get career fit. She is the founder and managing director at Change Meridian, certified dare to lead facilitator, curious about bad bosses and famous for getting you ready for tomorrow, today.
Her education includes a Bachelor of Business Communications, PR and Government from Queensland University of Technology, Diploma of Management from Swinbourne University Technology, and a Masters of International Trade in Diplomacy from Monash University. Our guest has an esteemed career including Press Secretary and Public Policy Advisor for Federal Member of Parliament, Communications Manager at Mt Isa Mines, various senior management roles at ANZ and NAB Banks, and transformation management office and change director at AMP.
Michelle talks about
- Stepping into other person’s shoes.
- If people didn’t like me, it didn’t matter.
- A relentless drive and energy.
- Don’t listen to what other people say about you.
- Coping with cultural changes in a company.
- People not stepping into the conversations that they need to have.
- Creating an environment your team will thrive in.
- We all influence others by what we do.
- The courage you need to have a conversation.
- You cant future proof your job, but you can future proof your career.
- What you can do to reshape your career.
- You can’t divorce your career from your personal life.
- How to fix the relationship dynamic.
- What to do when I’ve Got A Bad Boss.
- Creating psychological safety so people speak up.
- Let my team know my weaknesses are.
- What am I going to do to close the gap?
- The unwillingness to listen to people to people they disagree with.
- I need to be free to be me.
“Why do I think they are behaving like that? What’s the pressure that they are experiencing, what is happening in the organisational system that could be challenging them, could be prompting them to think, process and act in a certain way?” Michelle Gibbings talks about improving leadership and managing Bad Bosses, on the active CEO Podcast.
“No one is going to remember the work that you did, the only thing they will remember is how you made them feel and what you’ve done to help them progress in their career.” The real impact you have as a leader with Michelle Gibbings, on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Michelle Gibbings www.michellegibbings.com
Michelle Gibbings LinkedIn
Michelle Gibbings Facebook
Michelle Gibbings Instagram
Michelle Gibbings YouTube
Speakers Institute Corporate www.speakersinstitutecorporate.com
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Bad Boss Book
Get Career Fit Book
Career Leap Book
Step Up Book