active CEO Podcast #75 How Exercise Enhances Leadership Performance
On this episode of the active CEO Podcast we talk about How Exercise Enhances Leadership Performance, on episode #3 of Breaking The CEO Code. It is a short podcast episode where host Craig Johns decodes a new aspect of being a high performing leader each week.
Craig talks about the positive impacts regular exercise has on a CEO or leader’s performance, including:
- Release of happy hormones (Dopamine, Serotonin, Oxytocin & Endorphin), which reduce stress.
- Powerful influence on brain function, mental clarity, memory, learning and critical thinking.
- Positive emotional effects on self-esteem, confidence, motivation and mood.
- Creative juices that inspire new ideas, problem solving and interpreting perspectives.
- Development of discipline, focus, energy, stamina and resilience.
- Cascading effects of exercising on your entire workplace wellbeing.
- Health benefits that minimise the risk of heart disease, mental health illnesses and cancer.
He also provides valuable ideas to help up your type, location, intensity, frequency, training partners and duration of your exercise ensuring you stay focused longer, decrease potential boredom and repeating exercise on a regular basis. It’s time for you to learn how exercise enhances leadership performance in your life.
Check out the newly Breaking The CEO Code whitepaper. It provides an overview of Breaking The CEO Code and showcases the 6 key phases. We also go a little deeper into the 2nd phase PERFORMANCE, where we discuss the 3 P’s of Leadership Performance.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Subscribe to active CEO Podcast on Itunes
Craig Johns Keynote Speaker
active CEO Coaching
active CEO Podcast
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#74 – Lucy Bennett Baggs (Just Challenge) Just Challenge Global Impact Link
#73 – Four Basic Fundamentals Of Being A High Performing Leader Link
#72 – Azran Osman Rani (Naluri) – Power Of The Human Mind Link
#71 – How To Be A High Performing Leader In 2020 Link
#70 – Miles Stewart (Triathlon Australia) A Lifetime Chasing Results Link
#69 – Deepthi Bopaiah (GoSports Foundation) – India’s Next Olympic Gold Link
#68 – Abraham Kamarck (True Made Foods) – Leadership Lessons From The Sky Link
#67 – Liz Volpe (Ambisie) – Dare to Dream Link
#66 – Bill Coletti (Kith) – Reputational Resilience & Transformation Link
#65 – Todd Greenberg (NRL) More Than A Game Link
#64 – Gabrielle Dow (Green Bay Packers) Green Bay Packers Experience Link