On this episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Kate Maree O’Brien about the tenacious spirit of an entrepreneur, coping with pressure and the feeling of isolation, understanding limiting beliefs, and the importance of adaptive leadership.
We also talk about having a number 8 wire New Zealand mentality, the future of SHE Conference, recently launching the She Leads A New Future Podcast, and why she tried exotic pole dancing.
Kate Maree O’Brien – Tenacious Spirit Of An Entrepreneur
Kate is a woman who lives and breathes personal leadership, overcome addiction and social anxiety, delivers breakthroughs, smashes through glass ceilings, and is the founder of SHE – Australasia’s largest women’s leadership and empowerment event. She is a highly regarded leadership coach, sought after speaker, who is known for her down to earth teachings and no BS approach to getting results. Known as a visionary performance leader, Kate tells it as it is, loves playing it big, empowers women to take charge of their life, and is living life to her fullest with her beautiful family in Bali.
Rising from depression, bulimia, anorexia and drug use, she has thrown everything into gaining her life back and making a positive difference to many peoples lives. She has served as a clinical nurse educator in New Zealand, curated two phenomenal conferences, SHE and GameChanger Global Summit, and collaborates with worldwide personal transformation leaders such as Jack Canfield and Brendon Burchard.
Kate talks about:
- CEO loneliness and building a team of people around you.
- “Feeling of knowing that we can create so much and we don’t have to have this idea that it is not possible, it can’t be done, I feel stuck.”
- “If you feel stuck, you are not seeing the bigger picture and the opportunities around us. “
- Realising there was hope & she can make a difference in people’s lives.
- Having the tenacious spirit of an entrepreneur.
- What changes people is not just knowledge, it is impacting our hearts.
- It is always going to feel risky when you take something to a new level.
- Leadership exists to alter the future.
- Fundamentally we are wired to stay where it feels safe.
- My core wiring is that “I have done something wrong”.
- Strategies for people to unlock their limiting beliefs.
- You can’t escape your humanity & that has been the most significant breakthrough for me.
- The importance of influencing yourself & creating room to own our own space.
- If we really want really big changes, we require an adaptive leadership decision.
- Being willing not to be living from the ideas and rules and structure that is around you
Active CEO Performance Tip
Unique Leadership – Are you prepared to be vulnerable and have the courage to truly live your purpose? Are you willing to go beyond what is comfortable to make a difference in the world? If yes, then its time for you to “Stand up and live in an uncommon place.” As a leader it Is important that you be absolutely positively uniquely you. Lead from your heart and a place that brings out your true passion, energy and drive.
“Part of the entrepreneurial journey is to see a new future, but be willing to back yourself even when there is not a carved out path to get there.” The entrepreneurial journey with Kate Maree O’Brien, on the active CEO Podcast.
“Anytime an obstacle comes up, its an opportunity just to grow bigger, be more creative or be more resourceful or look at things from a new perspective. There is always someway through it or around it.” Kate Maree O’Brien talks about overcoming obstacles, on the active CEO Podcast.
“That narrator may not always be telling us the truth. It tells us stories to make us feel safe.” Kate Maree O’Brien goes deep on the narrator part of the brain, on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Kate Maree O’Brien www.katemareeobrien.com
Kate Maree O’Brien Speech www.katemareeobrien.com/training
Kate Maree O’Brien Instagram
Kate Maree O’Brien LinkedIn
Kate Maree O’Brien Facebook
Kate Maree O’Brien Twitter
Kate Maree O’Brien YouTube
Kate Maree O’Brien Shop www.katemareeobrienshop.com
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
4 Day Week – Andrew Barnes Order Now
Fuel Your Body For Leadership Performance Read ArticleHow Exercise Enhances A Leaders Performance Read Article
Four Basic Fundamentals Of Being A High Performing Leader Read Article
How To Be A High Performing Leader In 2020 Read Article
active CEO Lessons In 2019 Read Article
Four Ways To Overcome CEO Loneliness In 2020 Read Article
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#88 – Kate Maree O’Brien (SHE Conference) Tenacious Spirit Of An Entrepreneur Link
#87 – Have You Got CEO Presence Link
#86 – Chris Tabish (Comediology) Leadership Effectiveness With Comediology Link
#85 – Raise Your Energy Bar With CEO Periodization Link
#84 – Catherine Molloy (Auspac Business Advantage) The Conscious Leader Link
#83 – 3 P’s Of The Leadership Performance Formula Link
#82 – Revital Golan (Anemone Ventures) Entrepreneur State Of Mind Link
#81 – How A Leader Can Recover With Purpose Link
#80 – Jonathan Rake Launchpad To Go Beyond Borders Link
#79 – Free Your Mind Link
#78 – Hillary Poole Leading Healthy Sustainable Systems Link