Great Change For Big Strategy
On this episode of the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Adam Bennett about great change for big strategy, recent global changes in society and the psychological effects due to these changes, and why change empathy is a non-negotiable.
We also go deep into the roles leaders must take in leading change, how we support our people through change and successfully navigating change as a company.
Adam Bennett – Great Change For Big Strategy
Adam Bennett is a transformation leader, advisor to Australia’s leading CEO’s and companies, and the author of the newly released book Great Change. His accolades speak volumes, having worked for or spearheaded groundbreaking strategy, performance, and technology transformation programs for iconic institutions such as NAB, IBM, PwC BNZ, and was recently the CEO of NSW Land Registry Services.
Having worked across multiple geographies including South East Asia, UK, the Middle East and in India, he is Principal of Great Change Consulting. He is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Technology, Sydney, a graduate of Harvard Business School (Advanced Management Program), and has completed the AICD and NZICD director’s course.
Adam talks about:
- Confidence in leadership
- Differences between leaders in different companies
- Learning while adapting to a new environment
- Great change for big strategy
- Organizational change vs transformation project
- Important components of successful change transition
- Change empathy
- Transformation triangle of disruption
- What change looks like in big organizations vs small organizations
- Transformational change in an industry perspective vs in an internal company
- Mindset & psychology of change
- Successfully communicating change
- Keeping pace with change
- The next potential big disruptions that companies and leaders need to take notice of
“I think there’s more change ahead of us than there is behind us because the pace of change is accelerating.” Keeping up with change by Adam Bennett on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“Honor the privilege that you’re given with regards to leadership and make sure you take it seriously and you don’t take it for granted.” Adam Bennett talks about leadership roles on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“If you want to be an effective and authentic leader, you have to get involved in potentially uncomfortable things.” Adam Bennett shares with us how we can be a great leader amidst change on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Adam Bennett www.greatchangeconsulting.com.au
Adam Bennett LinkedIn
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Craig Johns Facebook
Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast