On this episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Wendy Born about raising leaders, understanding mini cultures within cultures, what is great leadership and why do we make leadership so complex?
We also speak about the synergies in parenting and leading, things that prevent leaders from performing and how to get rid of egos in the workplace.
Wendy Born – Raising Leaders
Wendy is a Leadership Development Specialist, who has authored The Languages of Leadership and newly released Raising Leaders, and loves speaking about the correlation between parenting and leadership. She is an engaging, facilitator, coach, speaker and author, who is passionate about creating effective leaders
Her tertiary education includes Bachelor of Business in HR Management from QUT, Diploma of Management from Swinburne University of Technology and Organizational Leadership from Harvard University. Wendy has held management, leadership and consulting roles at National Australia Bank, Australia Post, Right Management and Victorian Leaders. She now works as a Leadership Development Specialist in her own firm Wendy Born Consulting.
Wendy talks about
- Learnt how to work with grumpy old men.
- Leadership lessons from working at NAB Bank.
- Learning about leadership and adaptive leadership at Harvard University.
- Raising leaders.
- Things that stop leaders .
- What is great leadership.
- What are the Languages of Leadership
- Building trust in a team environment.
- Having difficult conversations in and open and empathetic way.
- Why Jacinda Ardern stands out as a leader.
- Leveraging your experience as a parent and your own upbringing.
- The 5 core areas of parenting and leading.
- Challenges we are seeing in leadership in 2020
“As leaders we have three things in our control that help us be effective in what we do – actions, words and behaviours.” Raising leaders with Wendy Born, on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Wendy Born Linkedin
Wendy Born www.wendyborn,.com.au
Speakers Institute Corporate www.speakersinstitutecorporate.com
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Raising Leaders Wendy Born
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#148 – Wendy Born Raising leaders Link
#147 – Nathan Baird (Methodry) Innovators Playbook For Leaders Link
#146 – Ciara Lancaster (Change Consultant) Reimagine Change Link
#145 – LEGACY Your Mark On The World Link
#144 – Bo Brabo (Bo & Luke Show Podcast) White House Leadership Values Link
#143 – Vulnerable Open Honest COMMUNICATION Link
#142 – Penny Locaso (Hacking Happy) Hacking Happiness Link
#141 – IMPACT Through Clear Outcomes Link
#140 – Dr Amir Rashidian (Mid Atlantic Chiropractor) The Stressproof Life Link
#139 – TRUST Through Healthy Confrontation Link