On this episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Shannan Gove about building motivated workforces, engaging thousands of volunteers, developing the Rosterfy software to provide a solution for Event Workforce Group and working with Super Bowl. We also dive into leadership, human resource gratification, scaling a global team and developing an event workforce management whitepaper.
Shannan Gove – Building Motivated Workforces
Shannan Gove is a young entrepreneur who has scaled a global human resource business; grasped the world of volunteering; and works with some of the worlds biggest events such as NFL Superbowl, IRONMAN triathlon, Tough Mudder, Commonwealth Games, ICC Cricket World Cup and Expo 2020 Dubai. He is a true professional and innovative entrepreneur who loves building motivated workforces, and is helping create legacies from major sporting events.
He studied a Commerce Sports Management Degree at Deakin University, before co-founding Event Workforce Group and Rosterfy. During his career he has contracted to organisations such as IMG, IRONMAN, SuperSprint, The Color Run and Houston Superbowl 2017.
Shannan talks about:
- Why volunteering and serving people is important to him.
- The backstory on your first business, Event Workforce Group.
- Creating opportunities for new sport management students.
- The importance of training and onboarding of volunteers.
- His first clients IMG Melbourne Marathon, PGA Masters, Presidents Cup & Big Day Out.
- Scaling the Rosterfy process
- Empower the volunteering community around the world through a workforce database
- The Rosterfy founders different leadership styles.
- Large mobilisation of workforce at Dubai World Expo with 1 million volunteer shifts.
- Incentives to engage with volunteers, so they are proud due to the experience.
- Legacy through retention.
- 10 key steps to event volunteer management
- How is new born baby shifted his priorities.
- How to get everyone on the same page about what you are trying to achieve.
- Taking chances and not being afraid to fail
- Reality of building a business
Active CEO Performance Tip
Build Your OWN TRIBE To Upgrade Yourself – The recent events have led to a lot of self reflection, you realise you need to upskill and upgrade, but you don’t feel like you have the right people around you to make the change. Who are the mentors, coaches & people in your proximity? 1. Identify and write down a list of every skill you want to upgrade. 2. Write down a list of people and/or types of people you need in your proximity to upgrade those skills. 3. Write down 3 curious questions that you would like to ask each person and make a phone call or send an email and ask for a virtual coffee.
“We haven’t been afraid to put ourselves out there. Go out on a limb and try something new.” Shannan Gove talks about Rusterfy’s approach to scaling a business, on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Shannan Gove LinkedIn
Shannan Gove Instagram
Shannan Gove Twitter
Shannan Gove Facebook
Event Workforce Group www.eventworkforcegroup.com
Craig Johns www.craigjohnsspeaker.com
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Fuel Your Body For Leadership Performance Read Article
How Exercise Enhances A Leaders Performance Read Article
Four Basic Fundamentals Of Being A High Performing Leader Read Article
How To Be A High Performing Leader In 2020 Read Article
Four Ways To Overcome CEO Loneliness In 2020 Read Article
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#98 – Shannan Gove (Rosterfy) Building Motivated Workforces Link
#97 – Own Your OWN GRATITUDE Link
#96 – Christian Boucousis Leading Out Of The Danger Zone Link
#95 – Live Your OWN STORY Link
#94 – Mike Nishi (Chicago Event Management) Chicago Marathon Beyond The Race Link
#93 – OWN Your OWN FREEDOM Link
#92 – Lisa Tamati (Author of Relentless) Relentless Leadership In Life Link
#91 – 8 Ways To OWN Your OWN Influence Link
#90 – Jason Treu (Unstoppable Workplaces) Building Trust For Transformation Link
#89 – How Many CEO Performance Habits Link
#88 – Kate Maree O’Brien (SHE Conference) Tenacious Spirit Of An Entrepreneur Link