The Hidden Job Market
On this episode of the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Richard Triggs about Uncover The Hidden Job Market, executive search and recruitment, and the shifts in the modern job market.
We also dive deeper into talent hiring and retention, the need to navigate through modern changes and landscape shifts, and the role of human connection in recruitment.
Richard Triggs – The Hidden Job Market
Richard Triggs is the Founder and CEO of Arete Executive and The Boardroom, where he specializes in executive recruitment. He is also the host of the Arete Podcast and a best-selling author of the book, Uncover the Hidden Job Market.
Educationally, our Richard holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from Griffith University and a Masters in Business Administration from Queensland University of Technology. He is highly regarded as a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management and an active member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. Throughout his impressive career, he has held key roles such as Regional and National Manager at P&O Services, Spotless, and Biniris, before transitioning into the world of executive search and recruitment.
Richard talks about:
- Moving to Australia from California as a child – loving music, being in a band, and wanting to be a rock star
- How his love for music and being in a band influenced his role in executive search
- Being in a band is very much like being in a sporting team
- Being a reluctant leader during his formative years
- Innovative things that he does in the executive recruitment world
- Uncover the Hidden Job Market
- COVID-19 and the shifts in the job market
- Getting in front of your employers of choice before they know that they need you
- The great resignation
- “The candidate is the commodity” mindset of a lot of organizations
- Employees living in a completely different landscape at present times
- Employers needing to navigate through modern changes and landscape shifts
- Talents looking for something that gives them more fulfillment and more value
- Workplace being the centerpiece of people’s social world
- Internal vs. External hiring
- AI replacing people
“There’s no war for talent. If you’re a great employer and you can offer meaningful work that is exciting and well remunerated and they have the opportunity to work with dynamic and inspiring leaders, you will get people.” Hiring top talent with Richard Triggs on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“My philosophy is that if I’m happy and helpful, the world will look after me or the universe will look after me. So I’ve looked at ways of how can I support both the employer and the executive to get great outcomes in a way that is not expensive.” Uncovering the hidden job market with Richard Triggs on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“Across a whole variety of roles that require, whether it be sales or human resources or any kind of frontline activity, people still need to understand that their ability to connect and to communicate and to have empathy and to be happy and helpful can’t be replaced by AI.” Richard Triggs on recruitment and AI on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Richard Triggs www.areteexecutive.com.au
Richard Triggs LinkedIn
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Craig Johns Facebook
Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast
Uncover The Hidden Job Market: How to Find and Win Your Next Senior Executive Role https://www.amazon.com/Uncover-Hidden-Job-Market-executive/dp/0994218796