On this episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Nathan Baird about Innovators Playbook For Leaders, Unilevers consumer connection, how Velcro was created, finding a relaxed space for ideas and why the consumer comes first.
We also delve into rediscovering your creativity, leadership is responsibility, staying fresh, and why we should fall in love with the problem and not the solution.
Nathan Baird – Innovators Playbook For Leaders
Nathan is the founder of Methodry, a design-led Innovation author, strategist and Speaker, and the creator of Innovator’s Playbook. He is a curious problem solver who is passionate about human centric design and experimentation, and understands the importance of better people, make better leaders.
Nathan has studied a Bachelor of Commerce Marketing & Management (Honours) and a Masters in Marketing & Brand Management from Victoria University of Wellington. His career has included brand, marketing and manager roles at renowned companies such as Unilever, KPMG, DB Breweries and Clear. Wen he is not working on creative design thinking with Methodry, he is an ambassador for Good Design Australia.
Nathan talks about
- How do you satisfy people’s needs?
- Taking a customer centric approach to marketing.
- The importance of experiencing the consumers needs.
- Getting down to the why behind consumers needs.
- It’s not about taking the first good idea we have.
- You can’t build on an idea unless you build it and suspend judgement.
- Who else comes up with a problem for this need?
- What environment are you in to get your best ideas?
- Bring ideas to life quickly and cheaply to test with customers.
- Set success criteria up front.
- Innovators Playbook for leaders.
- Only 5% of innovation is successful.
- Why being human as a leader leads to success.
- Being creative and innovative with a lot of fun.
“Problems cannot be solved by thinking within the framework in which the problems were created.” Design thinking and the Innovators Playbook with Nathan Baird, on the active CEO Podcast.
“Four of the biggest blockers to individual and team creativity are behaviours, the brain, state and space” Nathan Baird talks about the Innovators Playbook, on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Nathan Baird LinkedIn
Nathan Baird Twitter
Speakers Institute Corporate www.speakersinstitutecorporate.com
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Innovator’s Playbook Book
Recent active CEO Podcast Episodes
#147 – Nathan Baird (Methodry) Innovators Playbook For Leaders Link
#146 – Ciara Lancaster (Change Consultant) Reimagine Change Link
#145 – LEGACY Your Mark On The World Link
#144 – Bo Brabo (Bo & Luke Show Podcast) White House Leadership Values Link
#143 – Vulnerable Open Honest COMMUNICATION Link
#142 – Penny Locaso (Hacking Happy) Hacking Happiness Link
#141 – IMPACT Through Clear Outcomes Link
#140 – Dr Amir Rashidian (Mid Atlantic Chiropractor) The Stressproof Life Link
#139 – TRUST Through Healthy Confrontation Link
#138 – Kine Corder (Presidential Lifestyle) Finding Your Money Mission Link