Intersection Of Human & Artificial Intelligence
On this episode of the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Jon Yeo about the intersection of human & artificial intelligence, TEDx Melbourne, and the importance of communication in leadership.
We also dive deeper into how to be a great communicator, human values, human decision-making & human logic, and culture & leadership.
Jon Yeo – Intersection Of Human & Artificial Intelligence
Jon Yeo is a renowned speaker coach, trainer, and the driving force behind TEDx Melbourne, Australia’s first independently run TED program. With a background in Business Information Management, Computing, and Human Resources from Victoria University, Jon has honed his expertise to become a sought-after figure in the industry.
Throughout his career, Jon has had the privilege of working with prestigious clients including SAP, Princess Cruises, Toyota, and the University of Melbourne, among others. His wealth of experience has made him a go-to resource for aspiring speakers, seasoned professionals, and leaders looking to enhance their communication skills and find inspiration.
Adrian talks about:
- Moving from an off-the-scale introvert to an esteemed speaker coach
- Two primary factors of communication
- Volume of content vs. value of content
- TED Talks and presentations – speaking at someone rather than with someone
- Reporting relationship as a strategic part of your leadership
- Principle of second-order thinking and consequences
- Evolution of AI and regulation of technology
- AI in the military
- Our thinking, values, structures, and humanity
- Preventing an overload of information that either supports or detracts from the decisions we make
- Intersection Of Human & Artificial Intelligence
- Inclusion is the solution
- Human values, human decision-making, human logic
- AI in companies and businesses AI in human resources
- Better together in culture and leadership
- Taking artificial intelligence and robotics to the extreme
- Creation of TEDx Melbourne
- Building trust and rapport as a speaker
- How to be a great communicator
“Ultimately, who does it serve? What is the value it creates? How do we make sure there’s widespread accessibility? And what does it ultimately mean for humanity as a species? Are some of the more existential questions we’re starting to ask ourselves.” Jon Yeo talks about the acceleration of technology on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“It’s about being aware of what you can do, what you can’t do when it comes to speaking, communication, influence, and giving yourself the best chance to put your best foot forward when the opportunity turns up.” Having a system for communication with Jon Yeo on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“This is where human values come into mind, into human decision making, human logic. And these are all things that you can’t program the way you can program, but it’s got to be programmed in such a way that everyone’s included and we don’t have that capability. And so that’s the bit that’s both interesting and a concern for me when it comes to technology.” The intersection of human & artificial intelligence with Jon Yeo on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Jon Yeo www.brightstar.net.au
Jon Yeo TEDx Melbourne
Jon Yeo LinkedIn
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Craig Johns Facebook
Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast