On this episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Eric Partaker about the 3 Alarms to peak performance, having a heart attack mid-flight, solving the world’s biggest problem and only 2% of people reach their full potential.
We also discuss drive, a lack of adherence, stepping through the fear door, going the extra mile in getting a role at McKinsey, Skype being sold for US$4 Billion, and what would a 100 pound burrito taste and look like at Chilango.
Eric Partaker – 3 Alarms To Peak Performance
Eric is a Peak Performance CEO Coach, former Skype Leader and McKinsey & Co consultant, Chilango Co-Founder and author of The 3 Alarms. A guest judge on the apprentice, Eric is a motivational speaker, a CEO of the Year, and has been described as one of Britain’s most disruptive entrepreneurs by The Telegraph.
He studied philosophy, History and Literature from KU Leuven, has a Bachelor of Applied Science in Finance from the University of Illinois, is a certified High Performance Institute Coach and has served an apprenticeship under Stanford University Behaviour Design Lab Professor BJ Foggs His career has included being a consultant at McKinsey & Company, Head of Business Development Global eCommerce at Skype, Co-Founder and CEO of Chilango, Chairperson of the Supper Club and member of the Young Presidents Organisation.
Eric talks about
- Consulting, scaling up skype, starting a restaurant and peak performance.
- Only 2% of people reach their full potential.
- Having a lot of drive and the constant pursuit.
- Working 100-hour weeks & having a heart attack while mid-flight, while working at Mckinsey.
- How can I perform at a high level without sacrificing my own life and relationships?
- Strategically line up a job at McKinsey and the biggest lesson learnt.
- Realising Skype was going to be massive and determining where the gaps were.
- Hiring two chefs who worked at the top two restaurants in the world.
- What stops people fulfilling their potential.
- Professional versus an amateur.
- Using intentionality with The 3 Alarms.
- “If you don’t have anything to aim for, you have nothing to measure against.”
- Identity, productivity and antifragility.
- The Fear Door.
- The Peak Performance Masters Program.
“What if I could solve the world’s biggest problem? Because of 98% of people are leaving something on the table, then too me it must be the world’s biggest problem.” Talking about peak performance with Eric Partaker, on the active CEO Podcast
“Just step through the fear door and there is infinite potential on the other side.” Overcoming our own mental barriers with Eric Partaker, on the active CEO Podcast.
“Recognise that we are already antifragile physically, we just need to bring that up into our heads mentally. Life becomes one big training camp. It’s a mental gym.” Eric Partaker talks about antifragility and The 3 Alarms, on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Eric Partaker www.ericpartaker.com
Eric Partaker Facebook
Eric Partaker Instagram
Eric Partaker Youtube
Speakers Institute Corporate www.speakersinstitutecorporate.com
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
The 3 Alarms Book Eric Partaker