The Unexpected Gift
On this episode of the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Dr. Barbara Dalle Pezze about The Unexpected Gift and dive deep into the inner work of leadership and cross-cultural diversity.
We also talk about conscious leadership, the importance of radical leadership, and gender and inter-generational collaboration.
Dr. Barbara Dalle Pezze – The Unexpected Gift
Dr. Barbara Dalle Pezze is an internationally recognized generative coach, leadership development expert, divorce specialist and author of Essays on Boredom and Modernity and recently launched The Unexpected Gift.
With 18 years of global experience living and working in China, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, Europe and The USA her cross-cultural communication and effective relationship building experience gives her a distinctive perspective on personal, interpersonal and group dynamics.
She holds a Ph.D. in Ontology from The University of Hong Kong, a Masters in Counseling (CBT) from Monash University (Australia), and a Postgraduate Certificate in Human Resources Management and Organization from LUISS Business School, (Italy).
Co-Founder and Scientific Director of the Renaissance Experience LLC, John Mattone Global Inc certified coach and master trainer who is known to combine incredible intellect, heart, passion and instinct.
Dr. Barbara talks about:
- Reinvent Globally by the way we live, the way we connect and the way we interact
- Our life is so much more than we can see and imagine
- Curiosity of what was different through each country she lived in
- Philosophy taught her to explore
- The Unexpected Gift
- 2 Options in front of diversity
- Leaders need to be conscious of diversity
- Needs to learn about the other person’s frame of reference
- An element to be aware of diversity is ‘HUMILITY’
- Managing conflict with a capacity for conflict
- Catalyst of writing “The Unexpected Gift”
- 7 steps going through a traumatic experience
- Having radical friends that will help you
- Being open to idea of mentors and role models
- What is an Inspiring Great Leader?
“It is the experience of being stretched of what you would consider and go beyond not only your imagination but the zone your imagination might get you.” Talking about The Unexpected Gift, with Dr Barbara Dalle Pezze, on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“I realized that no matter how much you pay attention to what’s going on, how much energy and effort you put on what you think is the right way, you are always limited in the way you understand the world” Dr Babara Dalle Pezze takes on a journey of how we see the world, on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“Having a mindset that it is an abundance mindset, that it is focused on success and it is an optimistic mindset, it is a mindset that see possibilities”The mindset of possibilities, with Dr Barbara Dalle Pezze, on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Dr. Barbara Dalle Pezze LinkedIn
Dr. Barbara Dalle Pezze Facebook
Dr. Barbara Dalle Pezze www.barbaradallepezze.com
Speakers Institute Corporate www.speakersinstitutecorporate.com
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
THE UNEXPECTED GIFT: Emerging Anew After The Unthinkable Book