NEW TO BIG IGNITING GROWTH
On this episode of the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with David Kidder about New To Big igniting growth, finding your proprietary gift, the interior life of leaders, 3 jobs of a Founder, and venture investing entrepreneurship.
We also delve into creating an idea killing machine, the only way to go faster is to do less work, not being a well-rounded person, breaking the addiction of always being right, enabling permission and how did you bet your life?
David Kidder – Igniting Growth New To Big
David Kidder is an experienced entrepreneur and an angel investor in over 40 companies, co-founder and CEO of Bionic, growth transformation and innovation expert, and best-selling author of New To Big. He is an pioneer, an early angel investor in SpaceX and Airbnb, ignites growth revolutions and loves helping people build a permanent ladder to the moon.
He has a BA in Industrial Design from the Rochester Institute of technology, received ID Magazine’s International Design Award, and was the Ernst and Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2008. As an entrepreneur and businessman, he has co-founded Net-X, SmartRay Network, Renaissance Integrated Solutions, All Option Return, and Clickable. As a New York Times best-selling author, David has produced The Intellectual Devotional Book Series, The Startup Playbook and most recently New To Big.
David talks about
- Apple computers inspiring an interest in what’s inside.
- Having the space that allows people to consider things.
- Business-building vs company-building.
- Finding your proprietary gift.
- Clickable solving skill friction across platforms.
- 5 critical lens to view the world through before you bet your life on something.
- The company is a direct reflection of the CEO.
- How far are you willing to go?
- Having high conviction and non-consensus.
- Bionic unlocking new growth and competitiveness.
- What the CEO believes is possible, will limit what the company will do.
- Working in the science of experimentation.
- Thinking about growth mindset as lenses.
- Creating value that helps customers stay in a problem with you for several years.
- Your gift is your mind, when you decide.
“This isn’t about a one-off innovation moonshot. It’s about building a permanent ladder to the moon.” Discussing innovation with David Kidder on the Inspiring Great leaders Podcast.
“You can’t live or lead through a lens of fear if you want to create growth.” Having a growth mindset with David Kidder on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“When your daily actions are in concert with your higher beliefs, you have a credible claim to inner peace.” Talking with David Kidder on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
David Kidder www.davidskidder.com
David Kidder Linkedin
David Kidder Twitter
David Kidder Instagram
On Bionic www.onbionic.com
Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast
Speakers Institute Corporate www.speakersinstitutecorporate.com
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn
New To Big Book www.newtobig.com