Unlocking Potential Through Happiness
On this episode of the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Jade Green about unlocking potential through happiness, nurturing relationships with your people, and the issues of today’s workforce.
We also dive deeper into having and building an entrepreneurial mindset while being a people and heart-centered leader, building resilience, inspiring personal development, and how to be a better leader.
Jade Green – Unlocking Potential Through Happiness
Jade Green is the #RippleMaker, one of Startup Daily’s Top 50 Most Influential Women, an award-winning culture coach, the Uncorporate Speaker, and a consultant who believes that happiness holds the key to unlocking a team’s full potential. She not only built a team from 5 to over 50 but also proved that determination and resilience can shatter any glass ceiling.
Driven by her values and a passion for creating positive change, Jade ventured into the world of entrepreneurship and founded her own recruitment consultancy, Velocity Consulting. Through her visionary leadership, she transformed her venture into a thriving company, catching the attention of The Entourage Growth fund along the way.
Jade talks about:
- Growing up in trailer parks and being the legal guardian of two younger siblings at age 14
- How a child’s environment shapes their personality
- Looking at the world through other people’s lenses and perspectives without judgment
- Building an inclusive culture by reducing the times we can exclude people
- Unlocking potential through happiness is the greatest productivity hack
- Technology in creating better opportunities
- Having an entrepreneurial mindset and putting it to good use
- Looking into how to be a better leader and business person
- Being curious to constantly improve and grow
- Leadership is not just a role but a responsibility
- Learning about your own people can make you a better leader
- Training people and growing teams
- How we live the value of personal integrity
- Striving for a happy space by being inspired by the future
“That requires you as a leader to know your humans. And so I think that that’s the skill that people need. Have real empathy, real care, real wanting to get to know them, ignoring the kids’ noise, knowing the partner’s name, know how old they are, know what their hobbies are, know why they get up every day and come to work.” Jade Green discusses building personal relationships with your people on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“That’s what really drives me. It’s like, I’m not going to just coach you on making 100 cold calls today. What else is going to help you as a human being? And I think that’s always just given me that zest to constantly push and constantly grow.” Learning in leadership with Jade Green on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“Your people are giving you the most precious resource they have in their entire life that they can never get back their time. And in most corporates, in most roles, we give more hours to the job than we do anything else combined. So how about how about just a little bit of attitude of gratitude for the fact that they show up and a little bit of ownership over if they’re not giving you what you expect and they are not performing how you want them to perform, where are you at?” Jade Green talks about gratitude being a two-way street on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Jade Green www.jadegreen.com.au
Jade Green LinkedIn
Jade Green Twitter
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Craig Johns Facebook
Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast