Teams That Swear
On this episode of the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Adrian Baillargeon about Teams That Swear, creating belongingness in a team, and the importance of connection and clarity in organisations.
We also dive deeper into psychological safety in organisations, bringing a diverse group of people together and implementing better feedback loops.
Adrian Baillargeon – Teams That Swear
Adrian Baillargeon is a Level III IECL-accredited Executive Coach, international speaker, and the author of the book, “Teams That Swear”. He has a track record of working with industry giants such as Bupa, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, and even Major League Baseball International. His invaluable contributions have also extended to collaborations with esteemed organizations like Cricket Australia, Australian Baseball League, Baseball Canada, and numerous marketing and media agencies.
His love for baseball runs deep and he named his own children after baseball legends. Adrian’s personal connection to the sport adds a delightful twist to his coaching style, infusing elements of teamwork, strategy, and the joy of the game into his approach.
Adrian talks about:
- Growing up in Saskatoon and playing ice hockey and baseball
- Being a baseball coach at a young age
- Calling of a leader
- The huge demands on leaders because of the rapidly changing business landscape
- People and culture in an organisation
- Teams That Swear
- How your energy affects your team
- Creating a sense of belonging and cohesion in a team or organisation
- Psychological safety within your organisation
- Mature relationships and creating clarity in teams
- Bringing a diverse group of people together
- Creating strong connections between teams
- Implementing and creating a better feedback system
- Swearing by each other and not about each other
- How can we work better as a group
“Clarity creates cohesion amongst teams. When you’ve got a high level of clarity it ensures that everybody is on the same page and working towards a common objective.” Adrian Baillargeon talks about clarity and cohesion on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“What we find is there’s a number of fundamental human experiences that we’ve all gone through, good or bad, that can bring us together and create that sense of connection.” Finding and creating connections with Adrian Baillargeon on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
“It’s about finding the commonality, finding what you’re interested in, finding what the similarities are. We are talking about a world where we need more diversity and we need to look at how we bring them together.” Bringing a diverse group of people together with Adrian Baillargeon on the Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Adrian Baillargeon www.adrianbaillargeon.com
Adrian Baillargeon LinkedIn
Adrian Baillargeon Facebook
Adrian Baillargeon Instagram
Craig Johns www.craigjohns.com.au
Craig Johns email@example.com
Craig Johns LinkedIn
Craig Johns Facebook
Inspiring Great Leaders Podcast
TEAMS THAT SWEAR – By each other, not about each other Book