Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 52:04 — 47.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
On this episode of the active CEO Podcast, Craig Johns speaks with Olivier Calandreau, from BNP Paribas Cardif, about developing multicultural teams, focusing on think slow & act fast, embracing change and being brave enough. We also delve into starting out in PricewaterhouseCoopers, developing a mentoring program, the formalities and protocols of working in Korea, placing mind and body in harmony, and his passion for triathlons.
Olivier Calandreau Think Slow & Act Fast – Podcast Interview Brief
Olivier Calandreau is a creative, energetic and conscientious global pioneer in the fields of leadership and management. He is fluent in English, French and Spanish; loves to compete in Ironman triathlon events; and has honed his skills across three continents in Latin American, Europe and Asia
He has a Masters Degree in Actuarial Science from the Institute of Statistics University of Paris, an MBA in General Management from HEC Paris, and has studied executive education and customer experience at Harvard University.
During his 20 plus years as a senior-level executive in financial services and insurance, he has held roles at PricewaterhouseCoopers, SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd and BNP Paribas Cardif, where he currently holds the title of President & CEO at BNP Paribas Cardif General Insurance in Seoul Korea.
Olivier talks about:
- Wanting to become a fighter pilot in the army.
- A dream to live abroad and ending up in India.
- Never neglect who you are and where you come from.
- Balancing your team member’s business and personal development.
- It is very important to learn the language wherever you are.
- When stress it is high, then it is more important to be open and feel at ease to share what they have on their mind.
- Think slow & act fast
- Why you are, why you are here and what you have to do.
- “Only way to test your ideas is to implement them and confront them with reality”
- Find ways to grow in the big market in our own space.
- Find new places with big potential and then building a team that can keep up with the pace.
- How to keep editing yourself, and embracing change and the unknown?
- Have to forget what you have learnt and been used to when you start in a new country.
- Why triathlon gives him the discipline and commitment that I can apply to myself at work.
- What are my limits and what keeps me trying new things and finding out what’s next?
Active CEO Wellness Tip
Circle of Trust – Your performance is the average of the five closest people in your working environment. What is the diversity of people around you that can hold you accountable and challenge your way of thinking? They also provide you with the encouragement when you need them. They will test your thoughts, game plan, actions and desired outcomes.
“Change can be perceived as a big mountain. We need to look at the bottom and take small steps.” Olivier Calandreau talks about change management, on the active CEO Podcast.
“Embrace the change, embrace the people, listen to them and open your heart.” Developing multicultural teams with Olivier Calandreau, on the active CEO Podcast.
“Leadership is very much influenced by your own values and culture, but also by your situation and context.” Olivier Calandreau’s leadership view, on the active CEO Podcast.
Resources Mentioned in this show:
Olivier Calandreau LinkedIn
BNP Parabis Cardif www.bnpparibascardif.com
Craig Johns firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Johns LinkedIn